Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Friday 13 October 2000

ORDER EXECUTION MODULE

Dear Mitchelle, CMT, Nirmit, Mr. Nagle
Last Week - and again this week (yesterday) we discussed our requirements with Tapan - Jayant of Applitech, who visited us to Conduct/ Complete "System Requirement Study".
 All throughout, Mr. Nagle insisted that we should give our system Requirements to Applitech, in the form of clearly designed OUTPUT STATEMENTS (only) Descriptions will not do !
He also asked Tapan/ Jayant to prepare & submit such OUTPUT STATEMENTs, based on what they have understood to be our requirements.
In this Connection, I enclose:
    - Some "Sample" output statements prepared by me
    - These are (17) handwritten pages
I hope to prepare some more
Copies of these (17)  have been given to Tapan/ Jayant today.
Work done by Tapan/ Jayant so far in this connection.
This consists of enclosed
    . List A (25 output statements, listing "fields", but not formatted)
    . List B (List of Some 60 statements of which 18 have been formatted)
They have promised to prepare rest of the (formatted) statements & send to us by 19th Oct. for our scrutiny (approval).
However, I agree with Mr. Nagle in that, we should also design/ draft these output statements on our own & independently, without getting biased.
Because,
 as "USERS" of this system, only we know best, as to
    . What exactly we want to see in any statement
    . How that statement will help us in executing an order, better/ faster
    . What future "Lessons" (policy - procedure wise) can we learn from HISTORY - TYPE of statements (as opposed to current - order related statements).
This is therefore to request Mitchell/CMT/ Nirmit to work overtime (and over the weekend!) and prepare whatever statements they feel we would need from this system.
In this, if you wish, you may consult the folder given to you on oct. 9 (which contains my note to Tapan).
I feel, each one of you should prepare these statements independently.
I will do likewise. Then let us meet on Monday Morning & compare & Consolidate & freeze our requirements.
h.c.parekh

No comments:

Post a Comment