Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Wednesday 11 December 1996

LOGIC FOR DECIPHERING "NAMES OF COMPANIES"

There are following alternatives.
 ALT # 1
 Create a MASTER - DIRECTORY of (say) 20,000 companies - names & store in memory.
Then anytime one of these names appears in a bio - data being scanned, and then the computer will recognize it (string of matching words) as a COMPANY NAME.
 ALT # 2
 Under this alternative, we try to devise logic. The logic can be what are the most commonly occurring words which proceed a "COMPNAY NAME”?
If there are no more than 10/15 such
·     Words or
·     Phrases or
·     Sentences
 then, it would be easy to identify a COMPANY - NAME as being, the "String of Words" following such words/ phrases / sentences. Let us see. The words/ Phrases found are as follows.
1. Worked with "        " as
    Worked as  ....... with...........
2. Presently working with ............as........
    Presently working as ............ with........
3. Joined...........
    Joined as ......... with..........
4. Posted for 2 years working
    Assignment at ...........
5. Transferred to.........
6. Working as........... in..........
     worked as ......... in ...........
7. Worked as ......... with / in ...........
 8. Since....... I am working as ..........
      For............
9. Nearly ten years in reputed concerns like: ............
10. At present I am holding a Key - position in ..............
       Division of.............
11. I am holding a key position in..........
12. I started as a management trainee with........
13. I started my career as.........
       In.............
14. Currently working as ................ with ..........
15. Working as Profit - centre head of ............
16. At present with ...............
        At present working with ..........
17. Joined as ................ in ...........
18. (Designation) in (Name of Company)
 19. Associated with ............
20. (Co. Name)   as  (Designation)
21. Since (date) I am working as (designation) in ...........
22. From (date) to (date), I was associated with ...........
23. Was deputed to ........... as .........
24. Was a consultant to .........
25. Also worked with ...........
26. Work experience at ............
27. I have worked for more than 10 years in...........
28. I have been working for more than 10 years in .........
Third alternative ?
1. Names starting with "M/S"
2. Names ending with
       . LTD
       . LIMITED
       . PRIVATE LIMITED
       . PRVT. LIMITED
       . (P)
       . (P) LTD
       . PVT LTD
       . (I) LTD
       . INDIA LTD
       . ENTERPRISES
       . (INDIA) LTD
  Fourth alternative
 Some candidates are very systematic and provide company - Name in a structured manner as
a. In a tabulation where one of the column reads "Employer" / Organization/ Company" etc.
b. Name of Company : ............
      Duration              : ...........
                    Designation         : ...........
                    Job - Profile / Responsibility : ............
 By itself (alone), none of the above mentioned alternatives, would give a 1005 accurate result. We may have to use all of these in a combination, perhaps in the following order :-
 First Logic .......... All # 4  (Check for structure/ tabulation)
Second Logic ......... Alt # 2   Check Proceeding / Succeeding words
Third logic  ...........   Alt  # 3   check for "Tell - tale" signs
 Fourth logic ........ Alt # 1   Compare with "Master Directory"
I could be wrong and may be the easier/ faster method could be to reverse above - mentioned order.
h.c.parekh

No comments:

Post a Comment