Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Tuesday 2 December 1997

EDS FORM FOR FRESH GRADUATES


Yogesh - Cyril

Enclosed find
    . Data sheet proposal
    . A note on the "rationale"
      behind creating a database for graduates/ about - to - graduate
Why "About - to - become - Graduates" ?
    . Campus interviews for final year students take place each year between Oct - Dec. i.e. much before
       the final  year exams.       
    . In a Way, we are planning to "help" corporate personal chiefs to narrow - down
    (a) List of colleges to visit for campus interview
           (b) List of students to be interviewed at each college
He should access our database sometimes each Any/ Sept. So that he can take above - mentioned decisions (a) & (b) in good time. If this has to happen, the students must enter the EDS (on - line or an floppy) by June/ July, when they are far from graduation. In fact they have just entered their final year by that time.
Why include "Other than - engineering" disciplines? e.g. Medical / Law.
From the view point of
    . Design of form
    . Memory - space on extranet hard disk
It makes very little difference. So we might as well make the form UNIVERSAL / ALL ENCOMPASSING.
My note "EDS on Floppy" (dt. 23-7-1997)
  In this note I have made some points which I would like to re - emphasize :-
    a. Data encryption once entered (de - encryption only in our office)
b. Provision/ facility for anyone to duplicate (make as many copies as desired) EDS FORMAT on       floppies (without   being able to download any data entered on it)
c. Ability to download the form from Extranet
d. Instructions to phone "Help Desk" and obtain PEN (in case entering EDS on floppy) 
e. Instructions on how to log into our Extranet (for future modifications of their resume)

h.c.parekh

No comments:

Post a Comment