Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 16 January 2003

ARDIS - ARGIS - CONTEXT CARTIRIDGE

Dear Cyril- Yogesh
         
 It is one year since we started on this project (4 - 3 - 1997)

 According to original time frame, we should have fully implemented this project in the current month (phase 5 was to get over in March 1998).

 We last reviewed this project some 3 months ago and drew - up a revised TIME - FRAME for its implementation. According to this revised time - frame, we should have completed phase 1 (Detailed Analysis & System Design. Submit System Design Document) bye - End Feb. 1998
Revised date for completion of phase 5 is Nov. 1998
Then about 2 months back, (early Jan, 98) we come across Context Cartridge
We felt, it has features which, if properly/ fully exploited, could cut down total time - frame for developing and implementing of ARDIS/ ARGIS. So we placed order for Oracle 8.03 on 4 - 1 - 98 and it was delivered on 6 -2 - 98
 However,
during the past one month, Alpha/ Hex aware / Oracle India have not been able to give even a demo of this software.
 Although, I will keep following up with them, we cannot/ should not expect anything to come out of these efforts.
 So, If we still feel context features are worth exploiting and If properly exploited, it certainly will speed - up the development of ARDIS
then, the only alternate before us is to forget about any help from Alpha - Hex aware - Oracle India and Launch our own VIGOROUS R & D !
On one thing we should not go back at any cost.
 viz :
Context or no Context,
 ARDIS must be implemented by Nov. 98 Your reputation - and my survival depends upon that. Nothing - but nothing - should interfere with this target. Certainly not the software maintenance contract.
It is not for me to suggest, how you should proceed in this matter. That is for you to decide. But I can    .  
·     Make myself available anytime
·     Make our office resources available.
Our Single - point agenda is
Thru ARDIS we wish to get rid of manual data - entry as the means of database creation.

h.c.parekh

No comments:

Post a Comment