Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Wednesday 18 February 2004

OES

18 Feb 2004

OES

To discuss and arrive at conclusions on the issues raised by Abhi, in this note, pl. attend a meeting in my office on

Friday (Feb. 27th)

at 10 A.M

This is regarding OES, Module 1, Non Member Database.

I have following suggestions to make. I request all of you to go through this document, debate over it and reach to a conclusion. Our decision will decide what kind of tools/softwares will get developed in future in 3P.

MODULE 1.

Suggestion 1:     Let us get away with the concept of Industry.

Why          :      

Since in past we found that DEOs (Data Entry Operators) are not really capable of defining the industry, we developed a tool using which, depending on the company name w built a knowledge-base of Industry. While adding a new resume, If the current company is present in the knowledge-base then industry gets defined automatically, otherwise it remains BLANK. Because of this that particular resume becomes un-searchable on Industry parameter. One has to check all such resumes on periodic basis and keep on refining/updating the Industry Knowledge-base, which is difficult. So this logic is not full-proof.

Suggestion 2      :       Let us get away with CURRENT Concept of Function and 

Designation Level.

Why                  :   
   
Here also the problem is same. We have developed a tool, which stores the Actual Designation and splits it into Function and Designation Level. White adding a new resume, if the current Designation is present in the knowledge-base then Function and designation Level gets automatically defined, otherwise it remains BLANK. Because of this that particular resume will not be searchable on function as well as Designation Level Parameter. One has to check all such resumes on periodic basis and keep on refining the Knowledge-base, which is difficult. So this logic is not full proof.

Here I have assumed that the Function is the first parameter to decide if a candidate is a right fit and then comes Industry. Designation Levels are ambiguous in practical world and change from company to company.

Hemen Parekh

No comments:

Post a Comment