Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Sunday 25 May 2003

MOST WANTED

Kartavya, Abhi, Inder

"To be wanted" is a strong human emotion. It gives depth/ meaning to existence. "Self esteem" of a person depends upon how much he is wanted/ how much he is in demand.

Devoid/ deprived of this feeling (of being wanted), a person builds up all negative emotions (anger/ frustration/ jealousy/ hate etc).

But, when this feeling (of being wanted) is strengthened / re - in forced, a person builds - up positive emotions (Love/ Sympathy/ Help fullness).

The feeling of being wanted, in facts a person's ego & increases his "Self Esteem".

To make Global Recruiter a resounding success, we must interweave strong human emotions into its fabric.

Global Recruiter must skill fully employs

Strong human emotions to capture the imaginations of both, the recruiters & the job seekers.

 And we must "exploit" technology to this purpose.

Let us examine how we can exploit the feeling of "being wanted" amongst the jobseekers.


If I am a professional, (employed or unemployed), what would

       . Worry me most?

       . Lift my mood, the most?


If I am employed, losing my job would worry me the most.

If, at the same time, knowing that 17 other companies are "looking for me" (wanting me), would lift my mood, to ends!

May not be "me" - by name (Prakash Mehta), but someone quite like me - could even be me !

I suddenly realize that "I am wanted / I am in demand/ I am sought after".

All, I need to know that, on this 25th of May 2003, there are as many as 17 jobs (from 17 companies) which match     my resume so well (- what percentile match?), that I could simply walk in
In any of these 17 companies and simply land a job!

Such knowledge would boost my ego! I am good enough to bee "Wooed”! - And if the "suitor" wooing me is handsome (read, a large / reputed company),then I am in the seventh heaven!!

And, it is so simple / easy (technology - wise) to arouse" such a powerful emotion in the mind/ soul of a Jobseeker.

We already have a "Job - alert" software which matches

    . A given Job - advt.

      With

    . A given resume


And this match - making takes place, once a day, on our jobsite.

 All the new/ fresh job - advts, being posted during the last 24 hours are "matched" with all the resumes in the database, and "job - alerts" get emailed to each resume - owner.

I believe, the software takes into account only the "incremented" job - advts. Being posted on our website, during last 24 hours. This was a sensible thing to do, in order

 . Not to overload the server

. Not to flood the candidates with job - alerts for the same job - advts. Again & again.

But, whereas, we may think of continuing this sensible/ practical approach, we could also think of introducing a

"You are wanted by" graph

. A kind of 
"wanted Index"

. A kind of 
"Demand Meter"

. A kind of "
Your Popularity Chart”!

This is like Mr. A.M. Naik (CEO - L & T), first thing every morning, looking - up the share - price movement of L & T, on TV/ Newspaper/ Website etc. etc. I bet he gets this "Feed" on this table (or on his mobile - more likely), every half an - hour during the trading - hours! All CEOs / CFOs do!!

We, too, could plot such a graph, for each & every resume, each & every day, without any problem.

Today, plotting such a graph, would look ridiculous, because, I suspect we have no more than 8/10 Job - advts on our website!

But, starting this week, we will start downloading every single job - advts. Posted on Monster/ Naukri / Jobs Ahead/ Job Street/ Job sad etc. And EVERYDAY.(Using MYRIAD).

So, by end June, we may be, daily downloading 500 job advt. That is 10,000/ 20,000 every month.

So, even if we retain/ keep these job advts "Live" on our website for just ONE months, we would have at any given point of time, 10000/20000 job advts.

And, hopefully, by end June Abhi may have managed to convert (ResuMine) & upload on our website 100,000 email resumes

So, there will be DAILY MATCH - MAKING between

. 100,000 resumes

     &

. 20,000 job- advts

& throwing - up "No. of Matches" for each resume.

Plotting these graphically every day, for 100,000 Candidates may pose, some processing load, which we can overcome.

We could also think of doing all these "match - making" OFFLINE & plot the graphs offline.

Then, only upload the graphs (daily?) on our web - server based Resume Database.

So, each graph becomes a part & Parcel of BUTTERFLY RESUME
Which,

. A candidate can log - in & view & download

. A candidate can receive as email

. A candidate can receive as MMS (Mobile)

. A candidate can show to this boss!!


(Message - "I am not stuck with this job!")


. Show to this prospective employer, saying "I am a most wanted person". (May not be a good idea!)

Let us use technology to stir - up powerful human emotions.

h.c.parekh 

No comments:

Post a Comment