Sunday, 5 October 2003

HELP DESK FAQ

RPL Project / Help Desk

Date: 05-10-03

To: Nimit / Raju

cc: Kartavya / Athir / Sanjeev


If Reliance (as a Group) wants to remake their poor image amongst India’s jobseekers, I entirely agree with Raju that it is absolutely essential for Reliance to create (for the Group as a whole) a Permanent Jobseekers Help Desk which is open 24 × 7.

I believe for a group like Reliance, this cost (of permanent help desk) is a small price to pay to remake their Employer Brand.

But, once created —

➤ there is no going back. It becomes permanent.

➤ Help Desk Agents will need to be HR guys (MBAs preferably), thoroughly trained in answering and handling the recruitment-related questions.

They (the Agents) should be capable of answering / convincing any questions posed by jobseekers — without shunting them back-and-forth to a number of executives. It has to be a one-stop shop.

Enclosed find a set of questions (not comprehensive) to which you must develop sharp / precise answers with help of RPL executives (our Recruitment Team) — and then train those Help Desk Agents.

 

FAQ – by Candidates

➤ Have you received my resume / application?

➤ What is the status / position of my application?

➤ When will I get to know whether I am shortlisted for interview or not?

 How will you convey your decision to me?

 Should I phone again to inquire? – If so, when?

➤ What is the process which you are going to follow for selection?

➤ Am I supposed to call you up for the telephonic interview?

 If you are going to call, how will I know when you will call?

 On which number will you call?

➤ My phone number has now changed. How do I get my new number into your record / database?

➤ Are any seats / vacancies reserved for SC / ST / OBC categories?

➤ Are any seats / vacancies reserved for women?

➤ Are women ruled-out for any of these vacancies?

 If they are, then why have you asked for “gender” clarification in resume form?

➤ Are vacancies fixed statewise / regionwise / citywise / language-spoken-wise?

➤ I had in my resume opted to be interviewed at New Delhi. Now I want to change it to Chennai. How do I do this?

➤ I had, in my resume, indicated my posting location choices as Chennai / Hyderabad / Bangalore. Now I want to change these to Delhi / Jaipur / Ahmedabad. How can I do this?

➤ Which is the employer-company?

➤ Which is the consulting company?

➤ What criteria are you going to use for —

  – rating

  – shortlisting (pre-screening)

  – final interviewing

➤ Why is the consulting company in the picture?

➤ What is the name of the person who is going to interview me?

 Can you please give me his phone number or email ID?

➤ In case I am selected, how much period will I get to join?

➤ Would you want photocopies of any of my original documents such as:

  • Birth Certificate

  • Educational Qualification Certificate

  • Final Year Marksheet

  • Copy of employment letter from current employer

  • Copy of latest monthly salary slip

  • Letters of references

  etc. etc.

When would you need these? How do I send these — by fax / by post? To whom do I send these?

➤ I received an email saying I have been shortlisted for telephone interview.

  When will this interview take place?

  How will I come to know about this?

➤ My telephone interview got over on ______, but I have not heard anything since then.

  Please tell me where do I stand?

➤ I have received an email asking me to make myself available for telephonic interview on (date) at (time).
  But on that day I am not available due to urgent problems.

  Can you please re-schedule my interview on (date) at (time)?

➤ After telephonic pre-screening, how will I come to know whether I am rejected or I have been shortlisted for face-to-face final interview with Reliance?

  How long will it take to know this, once pre-screening is over?

➤ If I am called for final face-to-face interview, where & when will it be held?

  How much notice will I get?

  Will I be reimbursed for return travel fare — by train (which class?) or by plane?

  What proof would you require to reimburse me?

  Will you reimburse me for hotel stay & local taxi fare?

➤ What documents should I bring along with me for this final interview?

  Shall I send xerox copies in advance?

  If so, to whom?

  How do I send — by fax or by post?

➤ If I get selected in final interview, how long will it take for you to issue the appointment letter?
  Will it be emailed / faxed / posted?

➤ In case selected / appointed, which place (city) do I report for joining duty?

➤ I have received your Appointment Letter which mentions only the basic salary & grade but does not mention my total monthly take-home salary inclusive of all allowances. Please tell me the total.

➤ In case I am selected, who will I be reporting to?

➤ What is the probation period / notice period?

➤ What are the working hours for this vacancy? What are the holidays? How much SL / CL / PL do I get?

➤ Is this job temporary or permanent?

➤ Will I have to work in shifts? Will I have to work on Sunday? In that case, will I get a compensatory off?

➤ Is there a loan facility to buy a scooter?

➤ Which elements of my compensation package are tax-free?

➤ Will I be entitled to any bonus / incentive payment at the end of the year?

 How much? How is it decided? Is it linked to my own individual performance, my department’s performance?
 Is it a group incentive? Who all are eligible to receive it?

➤ What salary increment will I get at the end of the year?

 Is it a fixed amount or does it depend upon an individual’s personal performance?

 Is there one fixed date on which increments become effective for everyone?

 Will I get an increment even if I am on probation?

➤ What would be my next promotion grade / designation?

 After how many years can I expect to be promoted to the next higher grade?
 Are there any performance-related criteria for deciding promotion?

➤ My colleague has received email intimation for telephonic pre-screening, but I have not.
 Why? When will I receive it?

➤ I have received your email saying that you could not shortlist me for telephonic pre-screening.
 Can you tell me why?

 My colleague/friend who has same qualifications/experience has been shortlisted, but how come I am rejected?

 









No comments:

Post a Comment