Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Saturday 27 February 2010

LONG TAIL JOBS


Shalaka,

Enclosed see tentative U/I. May be you can simplify
The main purpose is to have ONE page (one URL) on our website where Search Engine spiders can keep clicking links to index 40/50 million "keywords". Since keyword/ "Jobs/ Job Advts" will get listed a few million times on a single page.(Single URL), I expect that when anyone types "Jobs/ Job Advts" in the search bars of Google / Yahoo/ Bing etc. our SINGLE PAGE would top the list !!That would increase our traffic fantastically.
However, implementing this feature would require installation of Google Search Appliances API on our server IT may also require cleaning up of a lot of JUNK keyword's before uploading.
Therefore, it may be best to first tryout this feature extensively OFFLINE and upload only when satisfied.
To save one column in U/I, we can provide "APPLY ONLINE" button on each job - advt only - when click opened.
When "Current Jobs" get deleted (after 60 days) from "Conventional Job search," we should keep adding these to LONG TAIL.
And since Google Search Appliances API is supposed to work similarly to ISYS (-and perhaps better), next question is :-
Q. In our existing ISYS database, we already have a few lakh resumes which our consultants search using        
"Keywords" typed into ISYS search bar. Search results are a listing of documents (resumes) containing those keywords. These resumes are then clicked & opened, one by one, for reading.
All this happens OFFLINE. We have been using ISYS for nearly 15 years.
How about creating a parralel - and identical database of these resumes and let Google Search Appliance, index keywords and find the relevant resumes?
Kind of "LONG TAIL/ RESUMES (OFFLINES)
Then let our consultant’s comeback and tell us which application (ISYS US. GSA) Works better/ faster.

Hemen Parekh

No comments:

Post a Comment